Friday, July 10, 2015

Holy Late Post, Batman! [[FCBD + "Age of Ultron" + ACBC + "Mad Max" + NJCAC]]

I'm so sorry for the delay in posting! Life has honestly gotten in my way and made me put my blog on the back burner for a little bit. However, I am back and hopefully won't let a prolonged hiatus like this happen again! So much has happened since my last post, but I want to start with Free Comic Book Day. I must warn you that this post will be very photo heavy.
This year's Free Comic Book Day was a great one, especially since it was my first one! I've never participated in it before, and I only really got into comic books back in 2011. I had attended once with a friend when I was living back in Rhode Island, but I didn't end up participating for myself because I had no idea what it was about. I went to our semi-local comic book store with the superboyfriend and his friends. I also ran into two of mine!
I found some super awesome titles that I picked up, as well as the free stuff. We also saw some great cosplayers at the store, too! Afterwards, we went to see The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Hopefully all of you have seen it, too!
Casual Aino Minako loves Marvel selfie
Ayo met Batman


Shari's friend Alex made a killer Kid Flash
My haul! I ended up purchasing Sex Criminals #1, Angel Sactuary #20,  Bitch Planet #1, Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane #2, and a Sailor Chibi Moon mini glitter figure!





Now, onto Atlantic City Boardwalk Con... the superboyfriend and I had attended this relatively new convention as press for COMIC TRASH. We had only attended for one day, but it was totally worth it just to be there! ACBC is the New York Comic Con for Southern New Jersey. There were a ton of celebrities and special guests, although you did have to pay a ticketed fee to meet them even if you were attending as press. Nonetheless, we had an amazing time and saw a ton of cool stuff. This is also  the convention to be at if you love Marvel Comics. They are a main sponsor of the convention and there is a lot of Marvel goodness to bask in.
My convention OOTD // top and skirt: H&M, shoes: Charlotte Russe, bracelets: Alex + Ani, necklace: gift from superboyfriend
Panel about William Shatner's animated comic book Man-O-War.
               

The man of the hour, William Shatner.
Some of the cast of Star Trek: Voyager
Iron-Man evolution
                                   
2 kawaii
                                           

The Marvel Comics booth


Jurassic Jeeps!

Marty McFly and the Deloran

The Batmobile

Hocus Pocus cosplay group!

The Batmobile from Batman Returns

Ghostbustin'

I got a really cool print of Sailor Moon and a free comic from the Valiant boys.







About a week or so after ACBC, the same Free Comic Book Day crew went to see Mad Max: Fury Road. I wasn't expecting to be so into it because it seemed like all testosterone, but I actually really loved it. Women actually play such an important role in the film, and if you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it. It's fun and powerful at the same time.

Lastly, two weeks ago we went to NJ Comic Anime Con, which is a small convention in Morristown, NJ (smaller than CPAC, even). It was fun and only lasted one day, but there were a bunch of special guests, some panels, and a pretty sizable Dealer's Room/Artist Alley area. I would definitely attend next year.
The 501st Legion

Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones

Green Arrow

Rarity and Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I met Riddle from Heroes of Cosplay!

My mini haul! Hawkeye print and Bee and Puppycat print from Michele Sciuto 

I also met Michele Knotz, the voice of Jessie from Pokemon~




1 comment: